Total Pageviews

Saturday 2 October 2010

Autumn Days
















I looked out the other day and saw the sun shining on the trees and there was a golden glow.  Then when I was out walking with Gareth today and we came across these conkers.  I remember spending hours, at this time of year, with my friends along the aptly named "chestnut walk" in Beachamwell.  We would try to knock down and collect as many conkers as possible but many ended up smashed on the road.  The ones we found today had fallen naturally from the tree and were still protected in their cases.

All this made me think of our children.  We keep them safe "on the tree" as long as possible but eventually they will grow and leave the safety of our home.  Hopefully they will have the protective case around them of the things we have taught them and the love we have shown them.




1 comment:

  1. I love conkers! We love collecting them in the park, they're so beautiful and I love your analogy Theresa!

    ReplyDelete