Total Pageviews

Saturday 22 October 2011

Reminders

We were in a pet shop today buying hamster food and bedding and couldn't resist a look at the animals
I saw a cute fluffy grey rabbit  and called Martha over to see it.
She looked at it and said "It's little grey rabbit"

Isn't it funny how things can just remind you of someone.  When my granny was first taken ill and moved into my parents I sent her a picture taken from one of the Little Grey Rabbit series of books by Alison Uttley.  She used to read those stories to me when I was a child and they always remind me of her. I have been thinking about her lately anyway and Martha's comment just made me smile and think of Granny again. 
Then when I was putting something away in my room I bent down to arrange my bedside cabinet and there at the back were the two Little Grey Rabbit books that I had sent to Granny while she was living at my parents house.  There are many funny stories about these books, but I know that Granny loved them and I miss her today. 



No comments:

Post a Comment