Total Pageviews

Saturday 30 March 2019

Mother's Day Moment

Just taking a break form the ironing to write this post.  I'll tell you what caused the Mother's Day Moment!  

So, I was ironing while listening to a talk by Dieter F Uchtdorf ready for our discussion in church tomorrow. You can watch it here!  The talk was given to young adults and reminds them how important they are to God and how by being true to him and to themselves he will guide them through this adventure in mortality.  Suddenly I could hear the piano playing a beautiful tune, well not on its own obviously!  Martha had come downstairs and was practising for a surprise gift for someone.  I was brought to tears by the beauty of her music.

I pondered then as I listened to her and thought about all three of my young adult children.  They amaze me everyday with the way they live their lives, making decisions that those around them would mock them for and making choices that make them stand out from the crowd, that's not easy, but they do it and they do it with grace and love.  I add to my children those that they choose to associate with and those that they have brought and will bring into our family.  Young people who have been prepared to take on the shared responsibility of raising the next generation with the same grace and love.  These young people are full of promise and have a bright future ahead as do all of God's sons and daughters.  If only they could all see it.

I am so proud of all of my children, their talents and skills, the way they adjust to changes, the way they love and support each other, the way they welcome new family members.  

As we have all welcomed the first of the next generation into our hearts this year I know that he,  and those siblings and cousins that follow him, will be loved and blessed by great parents who know who they are and why they are here on the earth right now.  They are charged with such a great responsibility to raise children in these times but I know they can do it.  As they continue to remember that they are loved by their Heavenly Father and their Saviour they will be guided in their role.

the role of mother is the best thing in my life, I love to watch them grow and change and love and learn.

Love you all forever xxxx







 







No comments:

Post a Comment